On my IBM Laptop there is no windows key, so how to I create a quick link equivalent to [Windows]+[E] (open explorer) (in this example I will get it to open Drive D).
- Right click on the desktop and New > Shortcut
- In the "type the location of the item box type in...
- In the "Type a name for this shortcut" enter
- Test it by double clicking
- To change the icon, right click and click change icon button
- To add to your task bar (the one with Start at the bottom of the screen, just drag it (I delete my desktop one)
- To open a specific folder (eg. D:\myfolder\GoodStuff ) in properties:
Target : %systemroot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,D:\myfolder\GoodStuff
Start in: D:
.. easy aye...
By the way if you really want to create a shutdown icon in XP, the code for this is
shutdown -s -t 0 (the last character is a zero)